Sunday 12 June 2022

Mermaid Besties

This month the Gecko Galz Monthly Stamp Challenge is all about the mermaids!

I decided to do a Journal page in my art journal.


I coloured th middle girl with pencils and the outer 2 with distress inks.
I didn't really have a plan when I started colouring to be honest.
I started with my fun pony-tailed girl in summery colours as it's winter here in Australia and we are having some very chilly days (for us) at the moment. I then thought I would like to try a gothic one....I am still learning  to colour with my distress inks. I then decided for the third one I would use my colouring pencils. I have gotten very rusty with them so again, I think I need to colour more!

After fussy cutting, I then thought I would do a journal page in my art journal.
So I grabbed a few stencils and went with this one above as I felt it gave a coral sort of water flowing vibe to it.....and used my Art by Marlene Acrylic paints (Azure, Mermaid and Heaven).

After sticking my besties on the page, I grabbed my sticker books out and decided this one by Art by Marlene suited my page best.
I love it - a great mixed media page.

Hope you like him and have time to join in with us.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

2 comments:

  1. Great background and love the Mermaids
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've hopped over from Gecko Galz to see your mermaids up close. I love the idea of the Gothic mermaid. Wonderful journal page.

    ReplyDelete