Tuesday 7 June 2022

ICAD 2022 - # 7 Root

Next card # 7 - Root.

Week 1 Theme is: Drawing, Mark-making, pen, pencil, marker, ink.



Wow, the end of week 1 already!
So today's card has ended up as a collage!
I looked through my Daphne's Diary books (Number 4-2021, pg 36) and found this great page for The Ginseng Root and thought it was perfect for today's theme - Root. 
So after I adhered it down, I then ripped up a few corner bits so it wasn't so perfect looking.
Grabbing a Tim Holtz stencil and Vintage Photo distress ink, I grounded the roots. 
Next was to add some stamping with Tim Holtz Field Notes stamps. 
I added a black silhouette die cut of a young boy (cut mother off, lol) so the roots were coming from his feet.
I then added some washi tape and sponged around the edges to finish it off.

I absolutely love how it turned out - I was going to add a saying or some words, but I don't want to spoil it so am leaving it as is.

I would love to see what you create, if you are playing along, just tag me @8806angela  if you are on Instagram.

See you tomorrow!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant I really love this and great idea having the silhouette boy stood on the roots
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete