Saturday 25 June 2022

ICAD 2022 - # 25 Portmanteau

Next card # 25 - Portmanteau.  

Week 4 Theme is:  Patterns, Murals, Motifs &/or Wallpaper.


When I looked up the meaning of "Portmanteau", it mentioned Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland. Well, seeing as I used a page from the book yesterday, it was within reach. I looked it up and decided to use the page mentioned.
I adhered the page and then grabbed some acrylic paint and a piece of bubble wrap and had a little play, avoiding the two sentences.
Here's where I decided to let my intuitive side take over.
I grabbed some white acrylic paint and using my finger, I smudged over the bubble bits to dull them a touch. 
Next was to use some washi stickers on the two opposite corners.
I got out one of my Bee Arty Stamps and ink pad and stamped off in a few places.
I thought it was missing something and found this rose sticker on my desk so I used that too.
Lastly, I grabbed my black gel pen and did a line around the two sentences to bring focus to them.

Wow, so happy with how it turned out. I love it!

See you tomorrow!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous collaged background and great use of bubble wrap-not tried that---yet lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need to use bubblewrap - I use a brayer to roll the paint on to it so you get a better print.

      Delete