Thursday 2 June 2022

ICAD 2022 - # 2 Peony

Next card #2 - Peony.

Week 1 Theme is: Drawing, Mark-making, pen, pencil, marker, ink.



Today I grabbed my Bold & Bright stencil by Art by Marlene and used a yellow pink acrylic paint in my stash to create my background. Now at first I did not like it as it was too dark, but I loved the effect on my card. So I grabbed another card and using the excess paint on my stencil, I placed it on the card and moved a wet wipe over it. The perfect light water washed background for my project today with a ready made one for another time, I mean we have 59 more card so I am sure it will get a go on one of those days!

My image is a digital print from Gecko Galz and it's off the Free Newsletter PDF called September Glory, from 2021.
All it needed then was a bit of doodling around the edges with my black uni pen to give it a frame.

I love how the backgrounds turned out and my overall card.
I would love to see what you create, if you are playing along, just tag me @8806angela  if you are on Instagram.

See you tomorrow!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful image and love both the stencilled effects-I quite liked the darker one too
    carol x

    ReplyDelete