Thursday 23 June 2022

ICAD 2022 - # 22 Pineapple and # 23 Purple

Next card # 22 - Pineapple as well as # 23 - Purple 

Week 4 Theme is:  Patterns, Murals, Motifs &/or Wallpaper.


I used a dictionary page that had "Pineapple" on it and tore it into 3 strips and used as my background.
I than added some green and yellow acrylic paint to  my modeling paste and used my Tim Holtz film stencil to highlight the "Pineapple". I used my black liner pen to go around the inside and outside of the film strip. Finally using my Yellow Tombow Marker and Green Koi Colouring Brush Pen to add more colour - pineapple colours of course.
Now I will be honest - I then started to look for a pineapple to add to it - yes I quite often start something with only half a plan! So I was looking and looking, and came across these files I had printed off by Luise Heinzl and hadn't got to use yet. Well I saw the Pineapple Owl and knew she just had to go on my card!
Perfect! I love her, I did only finish her off this morning so am posting with today's as well.


Now for today, the prompt is Purple so that was pretty easy to get a background with my Grape Fizz Perfect Pearls Mist! So while I was waiting on that to dry, I looked through my stash and found some wallpaper that was part of a junk journal bundle I bought last year. Bingo! how cute is this wallpaper, and has purple in it as well. A bit of fussy cutting and she looks great on my background.
My saying is another Art by Marlene Sticker Book quote. I did go around the words with a white gel pen which is hard to see.

Anyway, back on course so to speak.....got to love when work and life get in your crafting way!

See you tomorrow!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment