Thursday 29 April 2021

Wings

The prompt this week over at #MondayPromptProject is wings.

I watched the video and set about having a go with my charcoal pencil after creating a background that I though would work.

While I was waiting for the background to dry, I doodled my fairy with her wings on the back of a shopping docket...gotta be good for something hey!
Well she isn't the happiest looking fairy around I grant you, but she is just a practise one to give me a guide for placement and size.



Bahahahaha, so we are bolder, happier but a hot mess in the hair department!
Thankfully I have never once said I can draw so I don't have to be hard on myself!
I am getting better as I go along and that is great and all I need to keep me happy!
I got my water brush out and went over the charcoal for a washed effect and then my favourite water paints by Elena Art Pages.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

8 comments:

  1. Your fairy is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes love charcoal and water effect.. that yellow background is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drawing is just a skill like any other and the more you learn and practice the better you get. I totally resonate with this fairy. My hair is almost always a hot mess rather like hers! Love your work :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes I am way better then this time last year! xoxo

      Delete