Tuesday 6 April 2021

Wanderlust 2021 Week 13

Here we go with Wanderlust 2021 Week 13.

The last month was so busy that I didn't even realise I had not blogged this one.

We had Kasia Avery teaching us about Silhouette's and using our Geli Plate.


Not going to lie, it just didn't happen for me because I forgot to mirror my 2nd image print.
So I had a very hard time trying to line up and imagine where it would be - end result still gives the idea of the class and next time I will remember (let's hope).

I do love the right page though - my image and excess paint from my brayer rolled off on book pages and a bit of stenciling. I really like how the black and white photo pops off the page. 

This is a photo (photocopied) from my family pictures - my husband's side. No one actually knows who the bride is, as there is no writing on back, but she is glowing and I love her veil.
I love the idea of using our own photo's and must get to scanning the others as I have so many from the early 1900's.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

10 comments:

  1. Oh its so pretty! I did the class too, I don't have a gelli plate so I did the second version with tracing paper, and a photo from the internet. I love your page, and your colours are divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Geli PLate is fun to create background papers with for collages, etc..Thank you xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks great. Never tried the gelli plate thing ..one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must give it a go, they are so much fun. xoxo

      Delete
  3. I had such fun with Week 13...maybe I should write a post about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I also love using old photos in artwork. I haven’t tried this lesson yet. I need to unearth my gelli plate from wherever I last put it and who knows where that is at the moment lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I have never tried the Gelli Plate, but I see it mentioned a lot in artsy groups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the text a letters in the background

    ReplyDelete