Monday 5 April 2021

Wanderlust 2021 Week 14

What a fun class this week with Wanderlust. 

Week 14 we have Nicole Warrington as a teacher and she has us discovering our "Spirit Tree".



Now I am not that good at drawing and least of all at trees!
I found a tree on the internet site suggested - unsplash.com that you can get free images to use.
Got my water paints out and made a start.

This tree in it's picture form resonated with me and my family roots both current and childhood family.
When I drew it, that bottom branch on the left is meant to represent myself (in my family) and also my son in our family - well, what do you know, it looks like I was playing hangman!
Anyway, we are both happy in our skin and love the solitude of our own company at times away from all the chaos.

I love the gold and blue splashes and really enjoyed the process of this class.
In fact, the more I look at my spirit tree, the more I am learning and "seeing" through it.

Writing up this post, I realise that my last Wanderlust posting was for Week 10! 
I did last week (13) but the two before just didn't appeal to me - and that's ok, I may do them at a later date. I will post my Week 13 tomorrow.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!


10 comments:

  1. I love your tree, and the words too! This looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your tree! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely! Also, I'm in Wanderlust, too! I haven't finished Week 13 yet, though, but I'm loving seeing the spirit trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great, I love the variety of Wanderlust and that you do what you feel you like, no time frame, just enjoy and I look forward to seeing your projects too. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love your tree, And your representative self within it. I did that lesson too and absolutely loved it. Hubby said he wished it had been on canvas not in book so he could hang it on the wall....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic - maybe your could redo on a canvas and have it on your wall. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Your tree looks great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete