Wednesday 14 April 2021

Wanderlust 2021 - Week 15

Wanderlust 2021 week 15 and Kate Crane has us using the Geli Plate again.

Now I'm not going to lie, I was pretty happy to be using the geli plate again and in reality, I really thought this would be way easier than it was! 
I won't say they are failures, but they aren't great either!


So the left is my first print, using an acrylic paint that was too light. The right is my second attempt and now I have gone too dark with the acrylic paint that the alcohol ink doesn't really show the stencil pattern. I have to say I do like the left print as a background though.


So with the silhouette stencils on, I like them a lot more now.
I used my new stencil from Bee Arty called The Owl and the Pussy Cat - designed by Michelle Grant.


I also like my book page that I used to clean my brayer and the stencil with.....all ready my another project down the track!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have a bare minimum knowledge of the different mediums out there. Your post are enticing me to explore more than just my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel the same with others blogs I read too. xoxo

      Delete
  2. These are lovely, and I think it's good to see the process. I am definitely learning not to "see" my piece untill I'm "finished"

    ReplyDelete
  3. They’re lovely! Especially the book page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look great. You can never quite be sure what you are going to get with monoprinting but that's half the fun! I still haven't done this lesson, too busy blogging lol Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, look forward to seeing how you go. xoxo

      Delete
  5. So much fun! I don't have a lot of experience with alcohol inks, I love the art though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow!
    My gelli plate printing wasn't so successful either. The alcohol inks and stencil prints tended to disappear. However I was quite pleased in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I guess we need to practise more. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Those trees though!!! *love*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to Google this but I know already that I want *all of it* 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the book page. I know next to nothing about paint mediums. They look so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This so lovely. I really enjoy the colors - so bright and spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore silhouettes and that first one on the left is just scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are part of the tree stencil as well.

      Delete