Sunday 18 April 2021

Eyes, Don't Blink

#MondayPromptProject over at Mixed Media Art School FB group this week is Eyes.

Little Miss Tyne gave us a template to use if we felt we needed a hand .... yes I decided that might be a good idea given I have had a busy/draining week at work and feeling quite tired. Lol, I should have taken a photo and used my own eyes - one of the residents commented that I was looking tired and it was the first 30 minutes of my shift! No, the shift didn't get better by the way...


I coloured these with my Staedtler (72 set) pencils. I cannot for the life of me do eyelashes! 
I started bottom up so by the time I got to the brown eyes, just extended the line out - more my style I think.

So here is my preferred eyes in my journal, along with the some of the lyric's from Kenny Chesney's Don't Blink song. That song also brings a tear to my eyes.....


I used some black acrylic pant with a brayer for my background.
My lyric's I printed in word and then onto some rice paper and adhered in journal. That didn't turn out the way I thought it would, but that's ok.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

18 comments:

  1. Very nice! Never heard the song, going to have to go listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I shall have to check the song. Eyelashes are hard. Start at the eyeline and flick out. Start on the right diagonal out right the as youbgetbrhebti middle be upright and change to left diagonal as you get to the left. Check out Karen Campbell or willowing on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it's a great song. Will check out the videos. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love the eyes on the black background. Inspiring ne to get some paint out today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you had time to get the paints out. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Eyelashes are tricksy! Willowing and Karen Campbell both have free YT videos on eyes. I also think it helps to practice a lot with pencil first till you get the hang of the flicking motion and direction. Hope you get to catch up on some sleep Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo, I will check out their videos. Yes, I had the weekend off so did get some much needed sleep. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Yeah, eyelashes are hard. Your eyes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyes are lovely! Seeing everyone mention that they use a Breyer makes me feel like I might be missing out on an art supply 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the brayer adds a different look to your art work. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I can't do eyelashes to save my life, so I usually just do that little swoop of implied lash line. Works for me. :) Your eyes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m loving the eyes and rice paper, great idea! I can’t do eyelashes either and I think yours look good.

    ReplyDelete