Sunday 19 September 2021

Perspective

Here is my Junk Journal layout for the Perspective Challenge over with Michelle's Creative Warriors. 

Using Michelle Grant Design's Perspective files, I printed the collage sheet on tissue paper and adhered to my right page. I used black and white gesso first to line my page.


My sketch I have used the black Aquarellable pencil with a aqua water brush on my brown wrapping paper page. I also used a black uni-pen to write my little journal of what was going through my mind.

"Nothing is black and white anymore!
The world has changed forever and
will never be the same as it was!
Breathe, Be Kind, Love yourself!"

I like the girl trapped in the eye and filling the page, as working in aged care, we have to wear these masks all the time and it must be so scary for a lot of the elderly not having family visiting and us with our masks on and at times face shields as well telling trying to do their cares and assist them. I think we should have a party when we can not have to wear these. In addition, we are all double vaccinated and still under same restrictions as when it first started and no-one was. Anyway, that's a conversation for another day! 

I made this junk journal in March last year and put two signatures in it - this is now the first one finished! Feels good, and hopefully won't take as long to do the next one.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spread. Thank you for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...you're right...it would be so nice for the people you work with to see smiling faces. It's particularly hard on the eldery and possibly very confusing too. I work in a similar field but more with peers. I love your pages and yay to finishing the 1st signature! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , yes it felt good to get one finished!

      Delete
  4. I read a story about older people experiencing panic because they cannot recognise care givers with masks on. It broke my heart. I hope it will be over sooner than we expect and we can all breathe with ease. I hope when your journal is done (or maybe not even done) you will share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we will all breathe alot easier when we get a hold of this virus and get some normalcy back into our lives. Will share my pages as I do them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the sense of frustration that all we see are eyes these days, and that page is the representation of nothing but eyes. and yet ... eyes tell so much about who we are, don't they? lovely page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got teary reading about how the world has changed and being kind to ourselves. Yes a lovely page also very moving <3

    ReplyDelete