Friday 3 September 2021

Embellishments

I decided I wanted to try my hand at making some embellishments ..... lol, not for you if you want it now.
It is a time process that is for sure.
I admit I watched a few videos and thought I got this.....no, not got this.
Watched some more videos, paid attention, and now I think I do have it. Well enough to make a start and be happy with the results!

So first up is the process of clay into mould and allowing to dry - yep, 24- 48 hours (air drying clay).
Then tidying them up and a coat of black gesso - haha, I made a start and then remembered I needed to take a photo!



This mould set is called Luxembourg Hardware and is made by Prima Marketing.
The next step is rub my Fnnabair Waxes on them.


Ok, that's pretty good for a first start - what I did learn was that a little does indeed go a looooong way!
Guess I need to get some other colours and moulds!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I need to make some embellishments...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhh...they look pretty. And pretty cool! The liondoor knocker especially would make a lovely gift. <3

    ReplyDelete