Friday 1 April 2022

Garden Child

This month's Customer Challenge over at Gecko Galz is Garden Child. 
 

I decided to try making a shaker bookmark from an old window envelope.

I cut my envelope down to the size I wanted and used a page from Victorian Elegance Junk Journal Kit for my background in the window part.

I picked the lovely pastel sequin mix from my stash that has some gold butterfly's in it, and I added a white iridescent unicorn from another mix in my stash as well. Glued envelope together and made sure my shaker worked!

Then I grabbed an old book page to cover both the front and the back. The page is from the book the bookmark is sitting on. Added a bit of Old Vintage distress ink around the edges to give it a more vintage feel.

I then added my Garden Child - one of the images from last months Newsletter Freebie PDF, March Merryment. Some flowers from my stash up the top and punch a hole for a piece of decorative ribbon and we are all done.

I think it still has it's vintage charm to with, with a modern touch.

So now it's your turn to show me what you can do this month - you have until the 29th to get your entry blogged and onto the blog page. Why not try an image from the Newsletter freebies as well.
It really is worth the try to have some fun and maybe win $25 to spend in the store along your way!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea and recycling-fabulous shaker bookmark and love the Vintage image
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete