Sunday 19 December 2021

Very Vintage Christmas

Hello again, 25 Tags of Christmas is still going and here is my 2nd Tag for you to create.

I chose a wonderful pastel/faded type Santa image form the Very Vintage Christmas Collage sheet along with one of the background images from the Christmas in Nature ATC Set . I then printed them on 160 GSM White premium digital paper.

I gathered a few things from my stash to get an idea of the type of tag I wanted to create.


I decided to make a start with vintage music sheet page. My thinking here is to make a vintage Christmas tag. I turned the page over and glued each side half way in so it made a strip for my tag without having a blank edge. I then adhered this onto a piece of black cardstock (no reason except it was laying around) to use as a backing to strengthen my tag. Then I used one of my tag dies and die cut the tag. Using my Vintage Photo distress ink, I sponged around my edges.

Having a play with placement of items from my stash, I decide to distress the edges of my images and sponge with the Vintage Photo distress ink. Now it is starting to look a bit more vintage. At this stage it’s a matter of playing with placement again and picking out what to finish it with.

I adhered my background image with liquid glue (use your preferred medium) and the adhered the pale blue lace at the bottom of my tag. Then using the same designed lace I adhered the pale pink on top with a touch of blue showing.

Using foam dots and foam strip, I adhered my Santa inspired image. Next I used some glittery red thread and tied a bow in my wooden button and then adhered to the tag.

Lastly, I added some cream lace ribbon to the eye of my tag.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment