Wednesday 4 May 2022

Let the Sunshine in

Another month gone and Easter is behind us! 
How fast is the year going, again!

So here I am with my monthly projects for Gecko Galz. 
I decided to make a tag as well as a journal page. 


When I saw this image I knew I had to create with it! It is just beautiful!
You will find it on the What's the Buzz Digital Collage Set. If you check out the blog, you will see the fabulous projects a few of the DT did using this same set.
I used my tag die by Uniquely Creative to die cut my tag. I then used a Tim Holtz Die to give me the honeycomb cut away on my tag. Using some pattern paper that a good friend gave me in a recent Easter swap, I die cut another tag and adhered to the back to have the yellow pattern come through.
Fussy cut my wonderful image and popped on with foam dots to lift it up.
My sentiment is from Art by Marlene's Signature Collection Sticker Book, and tulle from my stash to finish.


The journal is an old diary (ok, last years work diary, lol) that I recycled the cover here in March. At the moment I am all about using what I have and not buying any craft items until June......6 weeks in and I am still at $0 spend! Whoop Whoop, win for me and my vast stash!
So, my image is from Gecko Galz Little Birds Collage Set which I fussy cut and set aside.
I grabbed out my Dusty Attic stencil (DA2103) and using Art by Marlene Acrylic paints Peony and Tuscan I created my background.
I then adhered a heart shaped doily I received in a swap and added some DMC thread in similar colour (lol, that stash that keeps giving!) and my image on top.
Next I grabbed some pink planner/journal stickers in my vast stash and found two that worked well together for this page.
Lastly I doodled with a black gel pen in opposite corners with highlights from white gel pen.

I hope you like them and are inspired to dig through your stash and join one of our many challenges!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous tag love the honeycomb die and beautiful Bee -no wonder it is sold out! Great journal page and background love the image -think someone has the calendar on fast forward!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete