Thursday 14 January 2021

Wanderlust 2021 - Week 2

Week 2 Lesson over at Wanderlust 2021 is A Garden of Wishes with Laly Mille - still with the theme of Reflection.

If you know me, you know that sitting and watching video lesson's is not my thing ... my mind wanders, and I generally flick through them just to get the gist of it....LOL, and yes, often then go on my own tangent. I am trying this year to not do that......well, week 2, and yes I started so well, but bam! off to Wonderland I went and this is my interpretation.


I am not a flower person at the best of times, and struggled with the idea of having a page of flowers.
So in my own little world, I stuck to my colours using Jane Davenport's Silky Skin Colorsticks.
I then added some white gesso with a small brayer and then my palette knife and looked at how I was progressing.
Now my thoughts at this stage was to use 2 of the leaves from the Stampin Up French Foliage stamp set with the colorsticks as well. I did this and thought I best add some with just plain black ink.
Now it was starting to look like something I could add a flower or two too.
Flicking through a few magazines I have, I came across this large flower bud in just the right colours for my page - Perfect!
I then looked at my sentiments in my stash and found the right one from my Michelle Grant Designs, Silent set.

For me, it reflects the change of season, or in the present moment, the changes occurring in our world. The one single bud in the middle is the hope that we become one and bloom again!
I really love how it ended up.

And I manged to get it finished before tomorrow's Week 3 lesson arrives in my inbox!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

2 comments: