Sunday 3 January 2021

Wanderlust 2021 - Week 1

I have started this year with a very heavy heart as we had to say goodbye to our beloved Bee Jay - a rescued Greyhound we adopted over 9 years ago. 

I started Wanderlust last year for the first time and managed to get through the first 5 or so months and then life got in the way with all things Covid related and the problems it brought with it. 
I had thought I would just start it over again this year and do it, but decided 2 weeks out that I would sign up for 2021 and start from fresh. 
I will endeavor to do each week as it comes. 
I will admit that last year I had signed up to 3 other year long courses and it was a bit full on, and no I didn't get any further with those either - so this year, just Wanderlust as I think it's the right one for me.

So, this month our Topic Theme is "Reflection" and our first class is with Kasia Avery.


My page is dedicated to our Bee Jay who was white and fawn, so my colours I have tried to reflect that.
I love how this page has turned out and think I will use these colours for this year.

I used a digital image and sentiment by Michelle Grant Designs (a wonderful Australian designer) from the file # 17 Covid, and printed the girl on tissue paper.
My colour mediums are acrylic paints by Mont Marte, Creative Pl (Aldi) and Derivan Student, Neo II crayons and Bic Kids pencils. 

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment