Thursday 11 August 2022

Myth - Legend?

Have you entered this month's Customer Challenge over at Gecko Galz yet?
The theme is Myths and Legends.


I have to say I found the theme this month to be a hard one to come up with a project for.
In the end, after looking through the majority of my Gecko Galz files, I came up with these two images from the Nevermore Digital Stamp Set to create a double layout in my altered book journal.

I grabbed out the old Shakespeare Book again and tore out 2 pages and then tore them a bit to fit. I did overlap my first page to help brace the spine. Then I grabbed my Black Soot distress ink and sponged around the edges and smooched it over the pages as well as my two images. Grabbing my water mister bottle, I splashed water over the pages and images for the ink to react. On my pages only, I then used my little puffer to move the ink around the pages. Once all dry, I adhered my images and all done.

I love how it came out, and have to say that it is not how it was going to be. I had meant to print the images on tissue paper, but some how the second page of other stuff I was printing off at the same time, printed on the tissue and these ones on the normal copy paper. I figured I would make it work rather then reprint. So a happy accident after all!

I hope I have inspired you, and now it's your turn to show me what you can do this month - you have until the 29th to get your entry blogged and onto the blog page. Why not try an image from the Newsletter freebies as well.
It really is worth the try to have some fun and maybe win $25 to spend in the store along your way!

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

No comments:

Post a Comment