Monday 8 August 2022

Creative Warriors Inspiration #1

I am super excited and honored to now be a part of Michelle Grant's Creative Warriors Inspiration Team for Term 2.


I will be posting my Inspirational projects on the 8th and 24th of the month, so I will be able to get into a nice pattern of creating, or so the plan goes right!

For my very first post I am using some New Release Packs (July) by Michelle Grant and Karen Yates. 
I decided to use Michelle's Expand Warriors Wallpaper and make a card. 


I distressed the edges of the image and sponged the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. I adhered this to a red card matt, again sponging the edges with distress ink.
I got my BIC Intensity pencils out and added a pop of red on the 2 hearts and her dress.
Lastly, I inked up a Congratulations stamp and added the sentiment.

I also covered a notebook for my daughter to use as a Brain Dump book.


I used another of the images from Michelle's Expand Warriors Wallpaper pack, along with words from Karen Yates Little Word Bits #3. My background is from Michelle's Pattern #1 Art Image pack which I printed onto tissue paper and adhered to the cover. 
I then grabbed one of my Grunge Stencils and used some white acrylic paint and sponge it on top. 
I used my BIC Intensity pencils again and added my words. I sponged the edges of the image and my cover with Black Soot distress ink. Adhered the image and all done.
(As a side note: my daughter loves it.)

Well, I hope I have inspired you and shown you that there is more than one way to use your digital files and mixed media. I can't wait to see where my art skills progress to and take you along on the journey with me. 

Don't forget to share with us any of your projects over on the Michelle's Creative Warriors Facebook group, we'd love to see them.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new DT. Beautiful card and love the decorated notebook -fabulous images and love just the pop og colour on each one---brilliant
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete