Sunday 20 March 2022

Gecko Galz Steampunk Monthly Challenge

I finished off this Journal Cover with the image for the Gecko Galz Steampunk Monthly Challenge this month.
  

Like last months' Journal cover I created for this challenge, I again used my piano roll paper, but this time I stitched around the edges and sewed in a signature ready to play with.

I added some brass corner bits and then got out some chipboard cogs to play with.
I used my Finnabair waxes and got them looking more steampunk like. With the excess wax on my brush, I flicked along the sides of my image and then adhered it down. Once I had my placement of the cogs where I liked them, I then adhered them down too.

It is only a thin journal but I really like how it turned out and hope you get a chance to play along with us this month as well.
 
I am entering my Journal in the following challenges as well:



Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

5 comments:

  1. Great journal cover,love the beautiful Vintage image and all the cogs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooi!!!!
    Zo leuk dat je meedoet met Mixed Media Lovers!
    Marlies, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the collors. Thanks for joining the challange. Greetings Helma, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous looking journal. The stitching, metal corners and beautiful image give it an authentic vintage feel.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete