Thursday 8 September 2022

Creative Warriors Inspiration #3

Time for my next project to inspire you, which is a Mash Up of  Michelle Grant's Art Image Breathe and Mystic packs.
 

I have used the man and saying "It's ok if the only thing you did today was Breathe." from Michelle's Breathe pack, along with one of the girls from her Mystic pack.
I decided to use the opposite journal page to my last mash up posting which again is a mop up page. 
I felt that the page left as is really resonated with the saying - It's ok if nothing got done/finished, as long as I am still breathing. 
I printed off and fussy cut the images and then adhered to my page and put some clear gesso over the top so I could add some colour with my pencils.
The saying I printed on tissue paper and used a white paint pen to go over the back of the words before I adhered so they stood out a bit more.

This page helped my mental health as when I did it, I was feeling very sad over the passing of my favourite NRL Coach taking his own life, as well as the sudden death of one of my favourite residents. Sometimes it is hard to explain, but good to have an outlet to help your mind into the right place. 

Well, I hope I have inspired you to look at your packs a little but differently.

Don't forget to share with us any of your projects over on the Michelle's Creative Warriors Facebook group, we'd love to see them.

Until next time, keep chasing white unicorns!

2 comments:

  1. Love your journal page and the saying would apply to my daughter at the moment,she has suffered depression and anxiety for a few years but has been really low lately and given up her art and reading too!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am sorry your daughter is in that place. My children have anxiety issues and it is not easy for them, but knowing we are here is a help, I like to think, and I remind them often that they are loved. xoxo

      Delete